- MORE flooding. It’s unbelievable. It’s rained 12 inches in the last 2 weeks.
- SAT. Man, was that fun. And by fun, I mean scary and nerve wracking. The weird thing was I wasn’t nervous one bit until the test started!
- Graduations!! A couple of my wonderful friends graduated in May but we were only able to attend one. My brother and I got the house to ourselves the weekend of the graduations since the rest of our family was in San Antonio for two soccer tournaments. We were very good – we only bought two pints of ice cream, people. Only two. When did we become semi-responsible?
- Corder and Claudia visit. My older brother visited from College Station to be the DJ for the graduation. His girlfriend, Claudia, tagged along to dance and they stayed here with us. The dog snuck in bed with her 🙂
- Birthday parties. One of my cousins turned 13 last month and she wanted to do the ice bucket challenge as one of her activities – nothing like getting doused with freezing water when it’s hot outside!
- Seth’s dining out. My boyfriend had another fun navy event – dinner and dancing on a boat in Lake Austin. The crazy thing is the boat, The Commodore, is owned by a family that my grandparents spent time with way back when. The owner of the boat then was in my grandpa’s navy battalion and they always spent July 4th on the lake. It’s still owned by the same family, probably the grandkids now, and it was amazing!
I managed to organize the mess of a story, The Dove of Hope. I chopped it all up and filed the scenes I kept into 12 chapters before making an outline of the entire story. Each chapter outline consists of three sentences but that’s enough to get started, right? 🙂
Most of the first chapter is rewritten….finally.
I got a new header! I’m not in love with the pictures but I wasn’t sure about putting one of myself up there. So that will probably change again this month but hey, at least I know how to make one.
Page views: 54.
New followers: 3. One less than my goal, but I appreciate any and all support. Thank you!
Posts: 8. I met my goal on this one!
June is going to be much crazier than May since I am starting my new job and OH MY GOSH I’M SO EXCITED!!! And nervous. And slightly scared. But excited. I’ll be living on camp with a couple of roommates whom I have yet to meet and will only be 10 minutes from Seth’s house. So even if he’s working, I can drop in on his family and have cribbage tournaments. I can’t wait!
Anyway, I will not have internet 24/7 as I will be living at camp. How will I survive?? Hehe. There’s a computer in the staff room but I’m guessing I won’t have time to spend much time on posts since they usually take a few days from start to finish. My plan is to write a few posts in advance and schedule them throughout the month, but we’ll see how that goes. Then hopefully on my days off, I can spend some time writing a few speed posts!
Again, because of camp, I won’t be writing much this summer. But then again I wasn’t writing enough already. 😛 If I do have time, The Dove of Hope will be my focus.
Words: 2,000. BARELY any but I only managed around 2,000 last month without work. *sniff*
Too bad I can’t count word counts from blog posts…
This month is already off to great start! The first post of the month was a guest post (go check that out here). YAY! I’ve had almost as many page views in the first couple days of June than the entire month last year. Wahoo! Oo and 4 new followers too – hello and thank you, new friends 🙂 You already beat my goal from last month.
Posts: 8. Writing 8 posts again would be fantastic. It was manageable but still made me sit down when I didn’t feel like it and write. Once I get a feel for my job, I may try to up this number a bit.
Followers: Current is 14. 4 new so far! Y’all are amazing 🙂 So my goal will be to add 2 more.
I’m so excited that my blog is growing – I don’t want to miss anything when I start work. Once work is over in August, I’ll be back to posting regularly. Promise! Until Tuesday (when training starts), I’ll be writing and scheduling posts.